Sunday 2 February 2014

February Fitness Challenge starts here. Just do it!

February 1st and we're off on the February Fitness Challenge again you're still not too late to set off on this see the Barracuda Website for further details here.

You can still make 27 days of the challenge (assuming you didn't swim yesterday) which is still good enough for a gold day award. A silver day award is averaging at least 5 swims a week.

I'm not sure why I should be so evangelical about spending the month, in perpetual pain and stiffness, with bingo wings and neckline friction burns and emanating a continuous chlorine odour but this is the one time in the year when I try not to think about swimming (because I can inevitably come up with at least three reasons why I shouldn't go) I just do it.

My aim is to swim 100,000 yards so this was a great start.

500 swim stroke count every 4th length
300 IM 50 fly drill, 100 ba and brst 50 free
8 x 25 @ 45 build 1-4 & 5-8
100 kick max
3 x 4 x 200 @ 3:45 as
  no 1 DPS
  no 2 pull with paddles
  no 3 build to max last 25
  no 4 max decreasing pace
300 swim down
3800 metres

No comments:

Post a Comment