Saturday 25 February 2012

Enter Evil Mutant Swim Coach 3.0

Quite a surprise when I got to the pool today to be met by our new coach, enter Evil Mutant Swim Coach 3.0.

Mr Graham Bradley (formerly known as Big Belly Bradley but the BB has disappeared over recent months as he has submitted himself to a harsh exercise regime with equal amounts of time spent in the Gym and the Tudor Rose in Dunston) had volunteered to take some of our sessions.

A shadow of his former self Graham was more than a match for the half a dozen or so of us who turned up this morning. He was impressed (not) with my Thursday Tesco set and suggested that his sessions would be "Spice Girl Sessions" "Just tell him me what you want" (what you really really want") and then he proposed to ignore that and tell us what we need!

As much as it was great not to have to think about what comes next, I'm not so sure I enjoyed the kick set, I hate kick anyway and he then proceeded to set down some rules! As we worked our way down the set the repeat times had to be faster then the average split time in the preceding repeat. God I HATE KICK particularly FAST KICK.

Now as much as I may rant on about this I think that I actually need to do some proper kick and a bit of pace work as well, and after all the wingeing, muttering  and moaning I really enjoyed it, it does make a difference having someone encouraging and taking the pi** in equal measures on the pool side. So thanks Graham

400 free loosen
4 x 150 @ 3.00 (50 fly, 50 back, 50 brst)
6 x 100 @ 1.50 progressive 1-4 and hold for 5-6
200 kick @ 4mins
2 x 100 @ 2.15
4 x 50 @ 1.15
8 x 25 @ 45
100 easy
2 x 100 @ 1.40 increasing effort per 25
2 x 150 @ 2.30 25 hard 25 steady
2 x 250's steady @ 20s ri
500 swim down
4,000 metres

No comments:

Post a Comment