Sunday 12 February 2012

Day 12 Traffic SNAFU

Today's swim was always going to be a bit problematic, as Consett's session was cancelled. My options were limited as public sessions on a Sunday are normally pretty busy and I really didn't relish a second endless pool swim.

I was saved by the thought of gatecrashing the lunchtime session at Newcastle. Their supremo Peter French okayed my request and I set out in what was normally more than enough time to park up and make the session.

The difficulty was I hadn't counted on or been aware of the closure of the central motorway in Newcastle and I spent a pretty frustrating 40 minutes trying to cross the Tyne Bridge. Pete French's view that it was all part of a greater conspiracy to derail my FFC.

So a pretty truncated session and £5.70 for 50 minutes parking in the nearest multi-storey to the pool; ouch such dedication, On the positive side I covered best part of a mile to keep my years tally moving forward.

150 @ 3.00
4 x 100 @ 1.35
2 x 200 @ 3.05
12 x 25 @ 60 secs
450 swim down
1700 yards

No comments:

Post a Comment