Tuesday 29 July 2014

The Last Lap

Final session before flying out to Montreal on Thursday just beginning to get a little bit excited
although that"s tempered by the amount of work I need to get through tomorrow.

Still swimming in the week before an event, now I haven't done that for a while although 13 weeks of work is way too little to be properly competitive.

Last session at Stanley this evening in the public Masters session. Fairly steady aerobic set and coped pretty well with the tight turn round holding 3:05-3:07's and 92's for the 100s. The problem is I know I should really be doing some horribly hard sprinty stuff.

Interestingly my bid to frighten the opposition in the 200 Breaststroke by entering a time which would be a British senior record and have won me a bronze medal at the commonwealth games is still alive and kicking as despite an email to the meet organisers I'm still heading up my age group. oops!

500 warm up
4 x 200 @ 3:30
8 x 100 @ 1:45
1 mins RI
2 x 200 @ 3:30
4 x 100 @ 1:45
200 swim down
3100 metres

No comments:

Post a Comment