Sunday 13 November 2011

Fuming Binge and A Lucky Tri Session

My week began with one of my little crims being arrested for breach of his tag. Yes the same one whose mum's home had blown up in August (see exploding houses and suicidal pheasants)

He didn't (or perhaps more accurately the local custody sergeant) didn't bother to tell me so the first thing I knew was when the little darling's mum (who was thankfully unscathed in the August episode) demanding that I travel to Peterlee to bail out "our Ande*" "cos he's done nowt agen".

With a morning full of appointments this was impossible so I sorted out the court duty solicitor to cover the hearing.....only to be telephoned by the unfortunate individual to say that he had tried to deal with the case but it seemed that my little treasure didn't want him and had referred to him as "a knob" and refused to leave his cell.

Fuming I spent the rest of the morning sorting stuff out and eventually headed over to court (an hours drive away!) for just before 1pm to have him dealt with before the lunch break... no chance it was obviously pay back time for the court.  I walked into the court room and they adjourned for lunch and I ended up at the back of the afternoon list.

I was so mad by the time the case was called I eviscerated the CPS and the Group 4 evidence about his breach of bail. With the result that the magistrates found the breach of bail unproven, cherub was released and I ended up having to give this foul smelling creature (well you try spending 24 hours in police custody) a lift home. Where's the justice in that?

My week continued in much the same vein culminating in my having to appear almost simultaneously in courts in Gateshead, Sunderland, Middlesbrough and Durham, on Thursday morning which naturally I completely failed at. The week was then rounded off with a trip to Loughborough for a couple of  Master's meetings on Friday evening and Saturday morning so my week's swimming was in tatters.

Ah but a decent run back on Saturday afternoon and I arrive in Gateshead in time for the Ryton tri session and as luck would have it I hadn't taken my kit out of the car from the previous Sunday! I ended up swimming in the top lane with a seriously fast teenager who took no prisoners but another 5000 metres nearer.

19 x 75's @ 10s RI middle 25 reverse IM
3 x 4 x 50's @ 65secs accelerating arm pull until you lose feel for the water
200 free @ 15s RI
2 x 4 x 25 IM @ 2 mins
4 x 50@s @ 60s 25 kick on side 25 swim
8 x 25 @ 152 RI hard pace
4 x 50@s @ 60s 25 kick on side 25 swim
2 x 4 x 25 IM @ 2 mins
200 free @ 15s RI
3 x 4 x 50's @ 65secs accelerating arm pull until you lose feel for the water
1000 metres pull stretch count strokes every 4th length
300 steady
200 mixed swim down
5000 metres


*please note the name has been changed in the interests of client confidentiality.




No comments:

Post a Comment