Sunday 1 June 2014

The Moody Blues mutate into X Men?

Now I'm giving my age away here but I thought Days of Future Passed was a 1967 Moody Blues Album; so I was a little surprised to be confronted at the cinema last night with a blockbusting X Men fest.

Hmm I wonder if Justin Hayward et al received any royalties for the name, although it hadn't passed me by that there was a slight difference with the Moodies preferring the verb and Bryan Singer the adjective or the noun.

As you might've gleaned we had a Binge Family outing to the cinema last night, and I'm still not quite sure it was worth sitting through the credits at the end for a glimpse of ..... well your guess is as good as mine but that's 5 minutes of my life I won't get back.

The evening out was preceded by a trip to the Mutant Tri session at Blaydon, I think I upset them being a bit bossy and whingy about the work out. Especially as my lane all stopped after the first 400 of the warm up (the clue was in the phrase "continuous swim" guys).

Note to self I should be less grouchy and more chilled about this stuff especially as it's often me that gets it all wrong.

I was pleased that I stopped Mick (our leader) changing the repeat time for the 50's to 60, 55 and 50 because although they looked deceptively easy, trying to hold the same pace on a decreasing turn around time was just a tad painful and somewhere during the last set I acquired 2 extra strokes per length.....not good.

1200 warm up as
3 x 100 swim, 100 kick, 100 swim, 100 drill
8 x 50 @ 65
6 x 50 @ 60
4 x 50 @ 55
4 x 25 @ 45
2 mins rest
8 x 50 @ 65
6 x 50 @ 60
4 x 50 @ 55
4 x 25 @ 45
400 swim down
3600

No comments:

Post a Comment