Sunday 26 January 2014

FFC 2014 minus 7 and counting



It's 7 days and counting to the start of the annual madness that masquerades under the guise of the February Fitness Challenge.

I've registered to do this again in my continuing quest to achieve some semblance of fitness. This is a great idea simply swim every day in February. 4 weeks of putting swimming first and trying to establish swimming as a routine activity.

I failed last year having found myself stuck in the police station and crashed and burned on day 21. But I'm up for it again this year and hopefully it will help me really cement the swimming habit which I'm beginning to get back into.

The weather was disgusting this afternoon as I set out for the Consett Masters session, heavy winds and horizontal sleet turning to snow once I crossed the snow line (somewhere around Hassockfield dentition centre). The rather wintry conditions must've put everybody off as only 4 of us turned up and there was no EMSC 1.0 either.

I must say I was a bit worried as I parked up outside the pool that they'd cancelled the session as the usually crammed car park was virtually empty but I was assured that it was on and made my way to the pool side. Where I encountered the first hurdle in my quest to swim every day next month as I was told next weeks session had been cancelled. I now have 7 days to find somewhere to swim next Sunday then.

As for today EMSC 2.0 stood in and set the work out I only managed the 200's because I was swimming pull and the rest between the 5th and 6th repeat was around 7 seconds.

400 warm up
6 x 200 pull @ 3:30
4 x 100 pull @ 2 mins
3 x 66 pull @ 1:20
2 x 66 pull @ 45 secs
6 x 33 breast kick @ 50 secs
233 swim down
2700 metres



No comments:

Post a Comment