Tuesday 19 February 2013

Environmentally Friendly Swim Squad?


There was a distinct air of Deja Vu about this evening as I turned up for training to discover that first of all Sumo Pearson was gracing us with his presence and guesting in our session. 

Just as well we were organised then! because without any warning Proudie turned up with a work out actually written down on paper! 

Shock horror there I was marvelling at his organisational skills when I was struck by the realisation that this was last night's session.

He'd only nicked the main set from EMSC 1.0, but this time he assured me that we'd finish the full set!

Actually it was interesting repeating the session in a decent pool. Now I'm not saying that Consett doesn't have a quaint eccentric character all of its own, but the new pool at Blaydon is 25 metres, deck level and has wave eraser lane ropes and the result was a significantly faster effort than last night.

There were only 4 guys in the fast lane so I thought I'd spend the session trying to hang on to them. By the time we finished the warm up there were 7 of us, and with 5 seconds between each swimmer leaving the wall, the fastest was back before I even pushed off. I spent a few minutes persuading the guys that a 2 second interval would be good and take the pressure off me as I was being lapped every 6 lengths.

Thereafter the game became to hunt down Binge Swimmer and by the time we got to the last set of 200's I was being seriously whopped. Interestingly it became evident to me that the guys at the front of the lane were swimming a radically different session to me.

Only 9 days of this madness left.

500 warm up
4 x 200 @ 3.30
3 x 100 @ 2.00
2 x 50 @ 1:30
3 x 200 @ 3.30
3 x 100 @ 2.00
3 x 50 @ 1:30
2 x 200 @ 3.30
3 x 100 @ 2.00
4 x 50 @ 1:30
3650 total

No comments:

Post a Comment