Monday 15 September 2014

Binge stars in an inadvertent remake of Hitchcock's Torn Curtain.

After a summer of swanning around the world (or should that be swimming around the world) it was back to training reality.

I'd spent the week ducking and diving and generally avoiding the pool and any swimming (apart from the unfeasibly long one in Kielder) so I finally turned up at the regular Gateshead Masters Session on Saturday.

It was pretty quiet with only 6 of us so I chose to swim in Lane 1 as there was no sign of the Fairy Snow Baby, Matt the Cash et al. Son of Beckleberry turned up to keep me company for part of the session. I must say it was a bit of a shock to the system swimming in a 25 metre pool (in an oops turns sort of way) and indoors.

The disaster of the day involved a re-enactment of that Hitchcock classic Torn Curtain. (Remember the Julie Andrews, Paul Newman movie where they are escaping from Eastern Europe on a bus)

As I drove home I passed Teenage Triathlete standing at the bus stop in our village, I waved at her and then turned into our drive.

Arrived home.......only to discover that I didn't have a front door key and she'd cleverly locked us out.....grrr queue "lights camera action" and it was chase that bus to eventually catch up with her and relieve her of her key!

500 f/c 100 swim, 100 drill
100 brst kick
300 f/c DPS
100 brst kick
100 f/c
16 x 25 brst
1-4 kick
5-8 slide
9-12 2 kick 1 pull
13 - 14 DPS
4 x 200 IM @ 4mins
400 loosen
4 x 150 IM @ 3:15
400 swim down
3,800 metres

No comments:

Post a Comment