Saturday 30 July 2011

366 days to wait

Finally found out what Olympic tickets I had been allocated in the ASANER ticket ballot, and in 366 nights time I'll by sitting watching the event of the games; the men's 200 freestyle final.

I know how Charlie Bucket must've felt when he peeled back the chocolate wrapper and found his Golden Ticket.

Not quite the Lochte/Phelps showdown the
Swimming World was expecting
Simply can't wait; I'm hoping for another Phelps v Lochte showdown with the prospect of my lunch mate (see here). making his comeback and jumping into the mix. Thrilling or what.

Teenage daughter is already planning her face paint.

So encouraged by the Olympic furore this week we covered a pretty tidy 4,500 m. You can easily see my bit of the session, (pull with paddles), the rest of the guys turned up late and I had covered most of the warm up in splendid isolation before I got some company. The horrible medley's (too many and too long) were courtesy of the Fairy Snow Baby.






800 warm up alternate 100 free, 100 ba, 100 free, 100 brst
4 x 600 @ 10 mins 1 & 2 pull with paddles. 3 paddles, 4 swim
4 x 200 IM @ 4 mins drill fly
8 x 50's @ 60 working on underwater kicks
100 swim down
4500 metres

No comments:

Post a Comment