Sunday 24 August 2014

(Yet Another) Road Trip Day 3 6k and Sunbed day

Yesterday evening's Aerobic session at the Volcano, under a blistering sun completely killed me and I found myself seeking a shady area for the stretch and relax class.

Now a "stretch and relax" class in the shade just doesn't have the same attraction as a "stretch and relax" class in the sun and I resolved that today would be a keep my face out of the sun day.

Of course I still had to swim and what a brilliant excuse not to have to swim backstroke!

The wind in the new pool was truly blowing a hooly! In the main set wearing a pair of paddles pinched from sports booking it was like having sails as you went up the pool but oh dear coming back into that head wind! and the chop.

I therefore resolved that in between sessions all I was going to do today was to recharge on a sunbed.

Teenage Triathlete went off to do an unfeasible amount of classes which started with Body Combat or something equally as tortuous, ( I'd bailed after 20 minutes in this class on Friday) and ended with an egg throwing competition. (was it a chucky egg?)

Although it did involve her having to catch it as well,  things were all white until the distance 16 metres when her team mate bowled a complete yorker (or should that be yoker) with the eggspected results.

After a few hours on the sun bed catching up with the blogging, I made it to the pool for a very leisurely dip. Not very much effort there and a fair bit of garbage yardage, but my 6k today salvaged a green week.

AM Session
1300 warm up
100 free
50 free, 50 back
50 free, 50 breast
100 free
50 single arm left 50 single arm right
100 catch up
100 free
100 catch up
50 single arm left 50 single arm right
100 free
50 free, 50 breast
50 free, 50 back
100 free
5 x 400 @ 7:30 pull with paddles
4 x 50 fly drill with fins @ 75
4 x 50 free kick with fins @ 75
4 x 50 free DPS @ 70 s

300 swim down
4200 metres

PM Session
800 mixed drills warm up
400 breast stroke kick
8 x 50's breaststroke drill
8 x 50's free drills
200 swim down
2200 metres

No comments:

Post a Comment