Thursday 14 August 2014

Road Trip Day 10 - Saturday August 9th- The end of the adventure

Whilst the World Championships didn't end officially until the Sunday, sadly my trip came to an end at 2pm on Saturday as I left the pool and headed for the airport.

I was able to catch some of the action down at the open water swim which was fabulous, glorious sunshine, perfect course fantastic day.

I know this was exactly the sort of day, and the very spot when 20 years ago, I was inspired by the open water event so much so I thought I needed to enter it at the next World Championships. Of course this was where reality set in, as the next time turned out to be a very cold and rainy morning at Holme Pierrepoint!

I was also able to watch the final pool events and cheer on Crystal who was thwarted in her attempt to hunt down Anne Bourne by a mere 2 hundredths of a second, a fantastic tussle for the bronze medal place by the two Brits.

I managed to grab a swim in a very civilised warm up pool, changed and set off to finish my packing and catch the shuttle to the airport.

So what's next for Binge, well I've currently been abandoned by Bob and Teenage Triathlete who have jetted out as an advance party to Lanzarote.

I'll join them next week, in a vain event to keep up this training lark and also to try and put my mile a day challenge back on track. In the meantime I'm having a civilised evening with the house to myself.. I could get used to this.

I'm planning on a training raid at Newcastle's Final Friday Saddo session tomorrow.

600 steady warm up

No comments:

Post a Comment