Sunday 4 May 2014

The Road to Montreal Week 1 (enter a very weak one)

As mentioned in the previous post, in true Binge fashion, swimming became just a bit too hard in March and it wasn't until the end of April that I made it back into the pool.

Now if a come back's good enough for Michael Phelps it's clearly good enough for the Binge Swimmer. So I was in good company and I can assure my readers (all 7 of you) that I haven't been bingeing on Phelp's favourite Bong in this swimming hiatus.

Back in the water then, it started pretty gently last Sunday (27th April) with a trip to Consett, I have to say I was pretty relieved when all the guys got out to watch the football and I just sort of followed the crowd curtailing what might've been an excruciating hour into a painful 45 minutes.

I was so despondent about the swim that although I recorded the yardage (2000 metres) I can't remember what I swam except that well you guessed it...It was Sunday so it must be 100's, you can always rely on EMSC 1.0 and although the fine detail escapes me I can confirm that it was pretty ugly stuff. (what do you expect? I hear you say) You would think by now I would know better....

It was very much the same on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The only silver lining in this horrible reintroduction to the water was the fact that I've put in 2 green weeks in terms of my swim log. I even cracked the 3k for a session at the Ryton Tri sesh on Saturday and I was the only one who stayed in till the bitter end, (still couldn't manage the full 1500 though). Triathletes; no staying power

So my unblogged swims through the week netted me 7950 metres and start my build up to Montreal as I booked my flight last week. Can I keep this up? who knows...

200 steady
4 x 25's kick 10 m hard 15 easy @ 20s RI
200 steady
4 x 25's swim 10m hard 15 easy @ 20s RI
4 x 100
400 pull with paddles steady DPS
4 x 50's hard @ 60
400 pull with paddles steady DPS
4 x 50's hard @ 60
400 swim steady DPS
200 steady
1000 swim alternate 100's catch up, DPS and bilateral breathing (should've been 1500)
3600 metres

No comments:

Post a Comment