Wednesday 21 May 2014

Me knee's are knackered

Tuesday 20th May

Teenage triathlete was wrapped up in AS revision to night so no mother daughter bonding at swimming which left me free to venture down to Gateshead for the first time since February.

Now swimming with EMSC 1.0 suits me because most of the work's on freestyle (in fact all of the work's on freestyle) so all this back and breaststroke stuff came as a bit of a shock to the system, and oh my goodness my knees on the breaststroke.

It was a pretty busy session and I moved into the top lane as the usual culprits Fairy Snow Baby, Matt the Cash, and Synchro Dad were skiving. I stopped at the end of the warm up to discover that in my absence we'd gained another swimmer Phil Latimer, a former Newcastle swimmer and part of the Latimer dynasty (his dad Fred was a former ASA president).

I hung off the back, just generally getting in the way of everyone, the aim of the session was survival and I wasn't really paying attention to the turn around times, any way it wasn't very pretty but I made it over the 4k mark.

600 free
4 x 50s back @ 65 25 kick, 25 swim
300 free
4 x 50's @ 65 brst 25 kick, 25 swim
200 free
200 back kick
300 back swim
2 x 150 back
200 breast kick
300 breast swim
2 x 200 brst
200 kick
400 pull
500 swim down
4100 metres

No comments:

Post a Comment