Sunday 19 January 2014

It's Monday so it must be hundreds?


I predicted pain and humiliation along the road to the 2014 challenge and was rewarded with both, on Monday night when I made it to Consett Masters session and had to endure hoots of derision from the posse which included such original comments as “so you’re not dead?” “who are you?” “is it February?” and my personal favourite “are you lost?”

I obviously wasn’t the only swimmer determined to live up to my New Years Resolutions, as there were 18 of us crammed into 2 lanes and yet again I was straggling off the back as we ploughed our way through a typical Evil Mutant Swim Coach 1.0 session.

Now EMSC 1.0 lives by the mantra “it’s Sunday so it must be hundreds” he must’ve missed not having a Sunday session for the last three weeks so much that he decided to celebrate and welcome us all back with a new mantra “it’s Monday so it must be hundreds” It was suggested by one of my team mates that the choice of set was to welcome me back. I wasn’t convinced! 

I’ll keep you informed as to how long this particular bout of Binge Swimming lasts for “plus ca change, plus c’est  la meme chose”

Warm up
33 easy
66 33 easy 33 hard
100 33 easy 66 hard
66 33 easy 33 hard
33 easy
2 x 100 @ 2 mins
4 x 33 @ 40 secs
4 x 100 @ 2 mins
4 x 33 @ 40 secs
6 x 100 @ 2 mins
2 x 33 @ 40 secs
8 x 100 @ 2 mins
333 swim down
3000metres

No comments:

Post a Comment