Thursday 24 November 2011

Mediation, Collaboration and Frustration

It's been an Alternative Dispute Resolution sort of day to day, starting with a Mediation Group meeting all afternoon, (you know how many different ways you can play Rock Paper Scissors,) followed by a collaborative  pod executive meeting.

God I really know how to live on the edge don't I? Now the up side of this was that I knew I was going to be late in, and I persuaded teenage triathlete to go to her grandparents from school allowing me to fit in a swim at Gateshead Leisure Centre.

The downside was that the pod meeting overran a bit so aargh! I only managed to fit in a 40 minute swim; in a session with a seriously depleted squad; I arrived to discover Proudy and Awesome Emma working their way through a 400m Hungarian, now I nearly explain this concept here. ( but not quite).

I plunged in and thrashed my way through 1400 meters at which point Proudy decided that he couldn't quite face the ascending part of the set when we arrived at the second set of 2 x 200's so we went for a bit of technique to finish off and to take my total down to 59,579. (with 37 days to go)

200 Free Warm up
4 x 100 @ 1.45 s
8 x 50's @ 55 secs
4 x 100 @ 1.45 s
2 x 200 @ 3.30 50 swim, 100 drill, 50 swim
4 x 50's @ 55 s working on the turns
2000 metres total

No comments:

Post a Comment