Monday 6 February 2012

February Flu and bunged up Binge

I was just thinking that I hadn't suffered from a cold for well over a year, when aargh I was smitten with an interminably runny nose, sore throat, bunged up feeling and temperature.

Feeling like death warmed up, I seriously thought about giving the pool a body swerve today, but, I was out and about before lunch and had to drive past the pool on the way back to my office so it seemed too good an opportunity to pass up.

I picked up my gear (blast I've lost a paddle) and very gently put myself through  the following somewhat leisurely set simply concentrating on my breathing patterns and long strokes.

Actually it felt much better than moping and sneezing around the office. Cocoa and an early night for me and maybe I'll feel better tomorrow.

Warm Up 1200 metres alternate 100 swim, 100 catch up
800 pull @ 13.00 mins, breathing every 6 strokes
600 pull @ 10.00 mins, breathing every 6 strokes
400 pull @ 7 mins, breathing every 6 strokes
2 x 200 pull @ 3.30, breathing every 6 strokes
200 swim down
3,600 metres


No comments:

Post a Comment