Thursday 4 September 2014

(Yet Another) Road Trip Day 13- Leaky Pools and things are getting crowded

Aargh disaster, one of the two new pools at CLS is closed for maintenance until the end of October.

Now I had long since taken to swimming in the old pool so initially I figured that this wouldn't affect me.

Wrong, because the blissful serenity of the old pool was interrupted by an influx of new pool refugees and horror of horrors I was forced to share my lane with a very tall and thin triathlete.

I figured she must have at some time been a swimmer because her lane etiquette was just perfect. She even asked me politely if I minded if she joined me. We were pretty well able to swim around each other depending on our individual sets.

Now as Triathletes go she was pretty good and we got chatting as you do (particularly when it gives you extra rest) she asked what time I intended swimming tomorrow morning and I guessed at 9:30 although commented that this might well be over optimistic.

During the course of the session my written schedule blew off the pool side and became soaked and the plastic pocket filled with water, the effect of this was that the writing became almost illegible and whilst I could work out the rest of the set I couldn't for the life of me read the afternoon session nor could I remember what the repeat time for the morning sessions were.

By the afternoon I just slopped in and worked my way through 1600 to round the day's yardage up to 6000.

AM Session
5 x 200 alternate odd free steady @ 20 s RI evens 50's drills @ 10s RI
Main Set
400 free steady
2 x 100 IM
2 x 200 free
4 x 50's brst 25 kick 25 swim
4 x 100 free
4 x 50 back 25 kick 25 swim
8 x 50's free
2 x 100 IM
10 x 100 @ 15 s RI odd free, even 50 best kick 50 best swim
4400

PM session
8 x 200's concentrating on not swimming fast and doing whatever I fancied with no rest and a minimum of effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment