Sunday 28 September 2014

The Quest for Registration Nirvana Part III "Deja Vu?"

Still on the quest for Category 2 status on the ASA's database, but progress because Gateshead's registration officer sent me a text first thing saying she'd sort it out today (Friday). By the end of the day she forwarded the following email.

"Looking at her record. You are her main club so she should be paying you her memberships fees and you can make the upgrade to her membership. You have been charged her cat 1 membership at renewals this year. If she wants Consett to be her fee paying then we need to swap her clubs around and they will need to send in the form and electric batch to us"
Martyn

ASA Memberships

Ehh...but I'm a masters swimmer how do I know who deals with registrations in my club....mmh we've been here before haven't we. 

Just then I had one of those lightbulb moments. Of course contact our new Masters Swimming Officer! I'd only given her the job she has to help! I dispatched an email and within about 5 minutes she answered
.

 "Lol....lol..lol...pick me up off the floor. In SER meeting at mo. Will look at it after lunch J
Sharon"

After that sympathetic response (well it was a Saturday morning after all) I reverted to Plan B.  Ring Queenie Reid; who was able to tell me who dealt with registrations at Consett.. ah ha progress but better than that:- 

Queenie was also able to pull the records she had and thought that Michael (her husband) could sort it out for me. Fingers crossed because that deadline is looming and I'm working my way up to being Mrs Stroppy with registrations on Monday.


My trials and tribulations didn't end there. As I was driving to the Saturday triathlon session my phone rang, it was Bob (who coaches the session) saying he'd left his bag at home and could I go back and get it?

This request was met with just a smidgeon of bad grace as I was nearly at the pool. If I was very lucky I calculated it would take me 35 mins to turn round, drive home, collect the bag and drive back to the pool!  Which would mean paying six quid for about 50 minutes swimming and probably only 2000 metres. 


In one of those rather pointed "oh don't bother I'll do it" "no it's ok I'll do it" conversations that only married couples can have, I found myself turning around and as I asked where he had left it he hung up! Typical man! 

Anyway I rang him back to ask where he'd left it and there was a bit of a pause and he said "oh... I think I know where it is, in my car" "what!!!!!! **** **** **** (please feel free to insert whatever your favourite expressive expletive is at this point, I can assure you I used them all)" It had fallen off the back seat as he had driven down.


The up side of this was that I was only 10 minutes late (and missed about 3 minutes of swimming because one of the enduring traits of triathletes at swimming session is that they always fart about before they get in) and he paid for my swim. 


Which was quite enjoyable. 


2 x 50 @ 60 secs
6 x 50 @ 60 progressive
6 x 50 @ 60 progressive
6 x 100 @ 2:00 with paddles
2 x 50 o/c drill @ 10s RI
5 x 100 @ 1:55
2 x 50 o/c drill @ 10s RI
4 x 100 @ 1:50
2 x 50 o/c drill @ 10s RI
3 x 100 @ 1:45
2 x 50 o/c drill @ 10s RI
2 x 100 @ 1:40
2 x 50 o/c drill @ 10s RI
1 x 100 @ 1:35
2 x 50 o/c drill @ 10s RI
250 swim down
3650 metres

No comments:

Post a Comment