Tuesday 8 February 2011

Swimming Hickeys

Ouch there is not a centimetre on my body that does not ache, 8 consecutive days of swimming and I'm knackered. Worse still my costume's starting to rub and my neck looks like either I've been strangled or been in a passionate tryst which has left me with two beautiful symmetrical hickey's (chance would be a fine thing).

My polarpersonaltrainer is showing red for the next two days and advising that training is not recommending, unfortunately in the throes of the February Fitness Challenge I don't have the luxury of a couple of days off. Does that qualify as an act of rebellion and defiance?

Training tonight was a definite win for the girlies, with only 3 of the guys turning up. As I predicted Bart the Shark, was promoted into the Girlies lane. The big test set was deceptively difficult. I really lost it in terms of maintaining the times however with a cunning plan which included some hard kicking under the water off the walls and developing a very long gliding catch up stroke I managed to reduce my stroke count from 76 to 48 you can see how my heart rate spiked.












800 Warm up change stroke each 25
4 x 4 x 50 IM order 50 kick, 50 drill, swim, swim harder
8 x 100 @ 2 mins
  1st set of 4 count strokes and hold time 76 strokes per 100 time 95's
  2nd set reduce by 1 stroke per 25  68, 64,60,56 per 100 hold time
8 x100 @ 2.15  
  3rd set hold stroke count from last repeat of 2nd and reduce time  held 56's
  4th set hold time from last repeat and reduce strokes, 1-3 holding 54 strokes per 100 last 100 reduced to 48
200 floppy
4 x 6 x 50  1st set 4 No 1 @ 70, 2nd set free @ 60, 3rd set medley changeover @ 65, 4th set free @ 60 200 swim down
4800 m

No comments:

Post a Comment