Saturday 5 January 2013

The Trouble with Tribbles (Ok Triathletes)


Now I have in the past been known to pass the odd barbed comment laced with derision about the swimming ability of Triathletes. But today it was a case of eating a huge slice of Humble Pie.

Having slept in this morning I missed the Gateshead Masters' session but determined to keep my mile a day challenge more or less on track I headed down to Blaydon for the Ryton Tri session. (I suppose sleeping with their coach does have its bonuses.)

I usually swim in the top lane and with some misplaced confidence (thinking they're only triathletes for god's sake) I set off leading the lane out. Humongous mistake as one by one they all went past me. Oh how low have I sunk?

It was actually an even more sobering experience, because in the main set Mrs Fairy Snow Baby lapped me at 550 metres, 450 metres, 350 metres, 250 metres and nearly got me on the 200 swim down. I crawled out of the pool after a round 4K absolutely cream crackered and full of respect for my fellow tribbles.


4 x 200 warm up @ 4.30, 50 swim, 50 drill, 50 swim, 50 kick
600 pull with paddles 30s RI
4 x 75 @ 10s RI
500 pull with paddles 30s RI
4 x 75 @ 10s RI
400 pull with paddles
4 x 75 @ 10s RI
300 pull with paddles
4 x 75 @ 10s RI
200
4000 metres

No comments:

Post a Comment