Tuesday 1 January 2013

Last swim of 2012 (or rejected and unloved goggles finally croak)

Time line 3.30pm 31st December 2012.

Feeling horribly guilty about my slothfullness I decided to make an effort to see 2012 out with a Tesco session.

With an unusal display of forethought I checked the opening times of our local pool and reckoned the best chance of a relatively quiet session was in the hour before it closed.

As I pulled on my goggles the rubber strap completely disintegrated, obviously it had become completely dessicated by their none use. I was left in a bit of a dilemma here as the thought of swimming sans eyewear, was likely to be too painful and I didn't relish seeing in the new year with red streaming eyes.

The alternative was to retrace my steps through the changing rooms, get myself dressed and retrieve the spare pair in the glove box, concious that I had limited time before the pool shut up shop for the year I compromised on the getting dressed bit and donning my Uug boots and hoodie I legged it through the reception area and across the car park. A delightful sight as you can imagine hopefully no one I knew was passing.

There were only three others in the pool by the time I eventually started my swim and I plodded through a rather lethargic 1300 metres to bring my 2012 total to 258151 metres

3 x 2 x 100 @ 2mins + 30s RI
6 x 66 @ 90s
6 x 33
100 swim down
1300 metres

No comments:

Post a Comment