Saturday 21 January 2012

T 30 Challenge, (where were you you wimps!)

5 of us including a new guy Vi, undertook the T 30 Challenge this morning a bit of a brutal start to your masters career when your first session is a 30 minute all out time trial.

Where were you Matt the Cash and Awesome Emma?  you wimps! We were assisted in recording by Synchro Dad who is currently suffering with a bad back but turned up to help record.

I ended up swimming side by side with the Fairy Snow Baby which was an interesting experience, as I was fair buffeted by his wash each time we passed. It was impossible to judge how I was doing, the pace clock is rubbish, and my steamed up goggles made any attempt to sneak a glance at the clock impossible.

I was heartened by the fact that it took almost 500 metres before the FSB lapped me, last year he swam 300 metres more than me so I figured this was an improvement, I was aiming for 2000 metres and simply set out for a straight 2K swim, eventually finishing with 2055 metres, or 2057 to be precise.

200 warm up
2100 swim (2055 in 30 minutes)
100 swim down
2400 metres

1 comment:

  1. I'm very happy to read this. This is the type of manual that needs to be given and not the accidental misinformation that's at the other blogs. Appreciate your sharing this best doc.
    SciEd Microbe Scavenger Hunt

    ReplyDelete