Sunday 29 January 2012

Binge emerging from chaos? probably only momentarily.

After 
Now just as I was feeling all smug about my tidy office and having kept it that way for nearly a whole two weeks, I read that:-

 "An anti-anticlutter movement is afoot, one that says yes to mess and urges you to embrace your disorder. Studies are piling up that show that messy desks are the vivid signatures of people with creative, limber minds (who reap higher salaries than those with neat “office landscapes”) and that messy closet owners are probably better parents and nicer and cooler than their tidier counterparts. It’s a movement that confirms what you have known, deep down, all along: really neat people are not avatars of the good life; they are humorless and inflexible prigs, and have way too much time on their hands" see more here


Before and probably the not too distant future
Mind you as usual it was too late to save me the overtime and the wasted Saturday, which leaves me with a bit of a dilemma; do I make a superhuman effort to try and stop the inevitable descent into this familiar and comforting morass, or, do I try and maintain the clearish desk policy.

The nagging doubt is, am I the exception to the rule? is it possible to exist in chaos without having a "creative limber mind," and being a better parent or nicer and cooler. Answers on a post it...to be dropped on a pile on my desk


Anyway I didn't waste this Saturday on the swimming front as I made my second session (well I'd been slacking a bit this week.)

400 Warm Up
8 x 50 free progressive 1-4 & 5-8 @ 60
12 x 50's odd ones drill* 25, swim 25, evens kick 25, swim 25 all with fins
6 x 50's @ 65 progressive swum as steady, sprint 10m steady 40m, sprint 20 m steady 30 m etc
200 steady
6 x 50's @ 65 progressive swum as steady, sprint 10m steady 40m, sprint 20 m steady 30 m etc
300 steady
6 x 50's @ 65 progressive swum as steady, sprint 10m steady 40m, sprint 20 m steady 30 m etc
400 steady
600 pull with paddles swim down
3800 metres


*drill single arm 12.5 metres non swimming arm at side breathing on non stroking side

No comments:

Post a Comment