Saturday 12 March 2011

Poo Free Pool & Too Much Information.

I fully intended to swim on Thursday evening, and I was therefore profoundly disappointed (honest) when I received an email to say because there was a problem with the pool, it had been closed and training was cancelled.

Of course there was no elaboration on what the problem actually was, so you know how nature abhors a vacumn, well my fertile imagination and slightly grubby mind immediately began filling in the blanks with images of little round number 2's rolling around on the bottom of the pool.

I know from my time as a life guard a lifetime ago (during student vacations) that generally these items sink; although there was one particularly memorable incident when an offending child produced a floater which managed to make its way in an ever fraying glop from the shallow end to the deep end before it could be scooped out with a bucket. Aah technology...

Anyway I hasten to add in the form of a disclaimer I have no evidence whatsoever that Heworth Pool was closed by a Poo Alert on Thursday and it was certainly not evident when I arrived there this morning. The pool was its usual pristine self.

As for the sesh, no sign of Synchro Dad (probably out cycling to Katmandu before breakfast) which left Fairy Snow Baby and myself to work out the work out so to speak. We are pretty much on the same wavelength when it comes to swimming and what we should be doing (probably because we've been swimming together for the last 30 odd years). We opted for distance (it's easier than speed!) and between us came up with almost half an 800 Hungarian, we ran out of time in the 25's

I'm definitely swimming better than I was when I started this blog and although the short interval 100's were very hard I managed them on 1.40. We completed 4600m in about 1 hour and 26 minutes (because I started my watch whilst we were dithering in the side as to what we were going to do) so I'm beginning to swim well under the 2 mins per 100 average swim speed.



800 warm up 75 swim 25 drill
2 x 400 @  6.45 pull paddles *
4 x 200 @ 3.30 pull
8 x 100 @ 1.40 swim
16 x 50 up IM down free @ 65 s 
16 x 25 @ 25***
200 swim down
4600m
* swam about 6.12's for these
**these started as medley changeover but morphed into up medley order down free as I wasn't getting any rest.
*** rest was in scant supply here and was sort of a slow flop around the wall and then push off.

No comments:

Post a Comment