Saturday 26 March 2011

Hoya Hammer Owa Here Hinny!

Not quite the nightmare at work this week but still awful enough to put me off swimming. I was therefore determined to make this morning's session at Heworth, to catch up with the gossip at Gateshead. I feel like I've been neglecting them, and there is increasing evidence that they missed me.

As Bob, turned up at one of his triathlon sessions last Saturday to be met by a bereft Synchro Dad enquiring "What's happened to Binge Swimmer" much to the bemusement of the assembled Durham City Triathletes who have amazingly up until this point (I had to stop myself putting heretofore there) been able to function completely oblivious of the attractions of Binge Swimming.

Predictably however I was late this morning because I had to negotiate cleaning/scrubbing/bleaching the toilet lid in our bathroom before I left. (and before you think too much information) It's a long story which involves teenage daughter and a L'Oreal Mahogany Casting Gloss, and a desire to have hair like Cheryls... she'd done a reasonable job of cleaning up but then discarded the dye stained gloves on the loo lid! (and before you think it she's not worth it!).

Consequently when I arrived at the pool Awesome Emma and Bart the Shark were warming up, I dropped in between them and after about 200 metres Synchro Dad appeared. You can see from the print out below we then had a lengthy discussion about what we should do.

Obviously the promotion to the top lane has gone to Bart's head because he came up with the 2000 medley set. Endorsed with "It's what we did in Poland" he then added the obligatory Geordieism "man" which had us all creased up at the accent which is simply flawless and then creased up at the effort of swimming a continuous medley set of 2000m.

Bart was definitely on form cos in our second lengthy break he proceeded to regale us with his other Geordieisms which included the immortal line in the title of this post. With the Darlo meet tomorrow in mind we threw in a few sharpeners at the end, that final 100 took my pulse rate to 96% of my max (according to the toosmartwatch).


400 Warm Up
2000 as continuous *
4 x 100 IM
2 x 200 IM
1 x 400 IM
2 x 200 IM
4 x 100 IM
4 x 100 @ 2 mins **
2 x 200 @ 2.15 broken 10s @ 50 ***
8 x 25 IM order on 45s
200 swim down
3600m
Home Coffee Croissants .... and home made Rocky Road.....mmmhhh

* I reckon this was about 36 minutes
** went 80, 81, 81 and then lost it a bit with an 84.
*** 78, 81.

No comments:

Post a Comment