Sunday 6 March 2011

Binge Swimmer Marches On.....Feebly

After a fairly disastrous weekend, which involved my opportunities to swim clashing with amongst other things; a haircut, Bob running a triathlon coaching course, a miserable teenager whining about not wanting to be left home alone (even when she was in bed asleep for the whole time I would have been out the house,) and one of my more feckless waif and stray clients succeeding in getting herself arrested in Darlington, (and there I was beginning to believe that she'd finally gone straight, I'm such an eternal optimist); I finally managed to make it to a swimming pool. (You can't believe that's all one sentence can you!)

Now although I've swum three times this week, because Monday's session was in last month, (I know that sounds strange)  my stupid spreadsheet wouldn't count it in this week's total and therefore I was unable to turn my swim log for this week green aarghhhhh the humiliation my first red week since the 16th January. I'm slipping.

You see how hopeless I am when left to my own devices, I clearly need the pressure from the FFC to instill that steely determination and motivation to keep going. Ah well it's my turn to be "home alone" so I'm blogging in glorious solitude with rubbish music blaring out at levels that Elfin Safety inspectors may well deem dangerous... no one to complain about it though...Glorious.

There were only 4 of us at Consett this afternoon, where it fell to me to set the work out, I knew this was likely as I drove in to the pool to be passed by the Incumbent Christine cycling in the opposite direction, curiously not on her incumbent bike. Now I am trying to get myself out of slow plod mode so I added the set of 100's with the decreasing time interval.

During the swim both Clarkie and I were more than a little concerned during the first set of 100's that we might have to adjust the last set, but before we got the chance "Nightshift" pushed off, (despite all his moaning at the beginning; he was flying), and we could do nothing else but blindly and very painfully follow, completing the last 4 repeats, (although you can see from the print out below it was all way above my comfort zone.)












400 warm up*
3 x 4 x 33 @ 3 mins
4 x 100 @ 1.45  **
6 x 33 @ 40 s recovery
4 x 100 @ 1.40s  **
6 x 33 @ 40 s recovery
4 x 100 @ 1.35s  **
6 x 33 kick @ 60s
200 pull swim down
2800 m

* you can see I had a 400 theme going on
** these were all under 85 even the last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment