Saturday 14 April 2012

Wherefore I know not, I have misplaced my ability to swim! I'm in great company though.

It seems that I'm not the only swimmer struggling for a bit of form at the moment having caught this tweet from Dame Becky yesterday.

Not quite sure that the stakes for me are quite as high as they are for her though. I also think I'm not in any particular phase of training periodisation which is causing my slump in form, I'm just old and past it.

So to Saturday morning training! pretty good turn out, Fairy Snow Baby, Matt the Cash, Synchro Dad, Beckleberry Dad, Park Ranger and Custardly Sgt Mark so when I came up with my suggestion for the main set they all nodded in agreement and thought that's OK.

Hmm it wasn't, I was knackered by the third set and even resorting to that old faithful, pull with paddles didn't help, as Beckleberry Dad said "well done you actually made it harder!" and Fairy Snow Baby whose been struggling with a chest infection for a few weeks gave up and got out. On the bright side probably the  longest session I've done for a while and it looks like I might have a green week.

600 warm up every 4th length not freestyle
3 x 200 progressive @ 3.30
8 x 50's back @ 65
2 x 4 x 25 IM @ 2mins
20 seconds rest
3 x 200 progressive @ 3.30
8 x 50's back @ 65
2 x 4 x 25 IM @ 2mins
20 seconds rest
3 x 200 progressive @ 3.30 *
8 x 50's back @ 65
2 x 4 x 25 IM @ 2mins
4200 metres

*did these pull with paddles cos otherwise I wouldn't have had any rest

No comments:

Post a Comment