Sunday 15 April 2012

The Lobotomising effect of a Meet Entry Form

I know that I've written about this before but where oh where does my capacity for reason disappear to when I fill in the entry form for this event.

I received an e-mail on Friday from Lisa Simpson, Doh! (not that Lisa Simpson,) at the ASA events office asking me to check my entries and let her know if there were any errors or mistakes, or rather let El Presidente AKA Mr Gordon know.

Not sure if it was stupidity or stunning over confidence in my ability or simply just a mean streak which insisted I got value for money from my swims, but I'm sure that none of these excuses will persuade Mr G (a man reknowned in masters circles for his boundless patience and tolerance) that I entered them in error and he should let me withdraw from the 1500, 800 and 400 free. (What was I thinking about?)

I think the explanation is it's because I sort of scan through the sessions select my breaststroke events and then start looking for an event in most of the other sessions which I can swim. I don't give any consideration for the cumulative effect of fatigue and whether or not racing over nearly 2 miles in one weekend, 3350m to be precise (hang on that's more than 2 miles!) is really a clever idea or more fundamental yet; can I really do this?

On the bright side I guess with warm ups I should keep my mile a day challenge more or less up to date but this is truly a very painful way to accomplish it.

On the subject of pain, this afternoon's session left me with a badly bruised hand having clattered Dazz the Wazz during the earlier part of the set. The lane lines on the bottom of the pool are off centre so I was swimming a bit too close to his side...ouch!

But my first green week since February and maybe back on track?

400 warm up
200 @ 3.30  (35s per length)
2 x 100 @ 2.00 (40s per length)
3 x 66 @1.30 (45s per length)
6 x 33  50 s
2 x 100 @ 1.45s pull (35s per length)
3 x 66 @1.20 pull (40s per length)
6 x 33 pull 45 s
3 x 66 @ 1.50 kick
6 x 33  @ 55 kick
6 x 33  @ 50s max
100 swim down
2500 m




No comments:

Post a Comment