Saturday 16 July 2011

It All Ends Here...Or Does It?

Busy week ended at a wake for Consett County Court  which closed its doors yesterday. The function took place in the Jolly Drovers pub in Leadgate. (I really know how to live it up on a Friday night.) A victim of the current contraction in public spending, and a very sad day for local justice.

So by cunningly exchanging the irrationality of the Ministry of Justice, for the oppression of the Ministry of Magic I was able to escape this jolly gathering early with the excuse of having ordered Harry Potter tickets on line and was needed to produce my credit card in the machine to access the tickets.

Now daughter and I are pretty serious Potter fans, and one of my very rare successes as a mother was to win tickets to the Moonlight Launch of the Deathly Hallows at the Natural History Museum; where we met JKR (very briefly) and received signed copies of the book (along with a mere 1700 others)

So we have sadly been counting down the days for the final instalment. A great end to the series, as carefully crafted and as authentic as the others, continuing the darker edge of the later films. I came away however ever so slightly disappointed, maybe because knowing what happens sort of spoils the ending, or maybe because it's all over.

But after all of that excitement, I struggled out of bed for Saturday training to discover that hardly anyone else had made the effort, I did have a choice between a swim and a mass club Zumba session, and sensibly selected the former. I was Billy no mates for a while, and in a complete world of my own as I miscounted and forgot where I was or whether or I should be swimming or drilling. Maybe it is the end of it all? It didn't get much better when I was joined by Daddy Beckleberry, but we covered a tidy 4.3k.



16 x 100 @ 1.50 swim 25 drill 50 swim 25
4 x 400 @ 7 mins pull with paddles
12 x 50's medley changeover
8 x 25's free @ 30 s no breathing for 12.5m
200 swim down
4300m

No comments:

Post a Comment